The IAStructE program for Accreditation as Accredited Structural Engineers (ASE – IAStructE) is suitable for practicing structural engineers who have experience in the structural design field and have a good understanding of applicable design codes/standards in India.
This accreditation will help Structural Engineers in India to set a benchmark of proven professional & technical excellence and raise the levels of structural engineering practice in the Country.
The entire program would be on the basis of a two-stage process consisting of an interview for the assessment of Initial Professional Development (IPD) followed by a written examination based on actual problem-solving. Applicants have to demonstrate their competence in the designated 13 core objectives on which they will be assessed during the interview. The applicant would then require to clear the examination by answering any single chosen question from the options given in the question paper with a minimum level of marks stipulated. Both stages are mandatory to clear the assessment process and thus to get recognition.
An Accredited Structural Engineer – IAStructE is someone who wishes to:
- validate their comprehensive experience and understanding of all types of structural engineering work and managerial capabilities
- demonstrate their competence on the basis of IPD and Continuous Professional Development activities in the field
Details of the application and assessment requirements, fees, and available dates can be consulted in the relevant fields given in the tabs below. They summarize the general application process, the assessment requirements, and the steps needed to qualify for the ASE-IAStructE accreditation.
The complete information about the entire process along with the application form and annexures can also be obtained from a booklet, which can be downloaded from the following link: Booklet ASE IAStructE Accreditation Program
This assessment process will be held bi-annually, being initiated in January & July respectively.
Application Requirement Fee Structure Dates Examination Coverage Assessment details for Interview and Examination Criteria for Clearance Venue for interview and examination Application form ASE-IAStructE IPD Report Form Guidelines for IPD
Following steps are to be taken by the candidate while applying for accreditation as Accredited Structural Engineer-IAStructE
- REVIEW: Read the accreditation criteria by clicking on the “Application Requirements” button on this page or download the brochure giving entire process.
- APPLY: Once the application period is open (this will be indicated in the “Dates” section), download the application form and submit the duly filled in application, including the IPD reports for each of the 13 core objectives, as per the prescribed format, along with the Pre Assessment fee.
- PAY PROCESSING FEE WITH APPLICATION: The application shall be accompanied with a processing fee for review by Professional Assessment Committee of IAStructE. If found to have attained an adequate level, after reviewing the application, the candidate will be intimated to get registered for Professional assessment. If not found to have attained the expected level, candidate will be informed and there will be a minimum cooling off period of one year allowed before they can re-apply. During this one-year period the candidate is advised to update the initial professional development (IPD). Candidate will follow next step only after clearing Step 3.
- PAY REGISTRATION FEE: Once the applicant is found eligible to register for the certification programme and advised to submit the registration fee, they shall pay the requisite fee to IAStructE. Registration Fee shall be paid through NEFT/RTGS/UPI as per Bank details given in “Fee Structure”.
- CALL FOR INTERVIEW: Once registration fees payment is confirmed, applicant will be notified for appearing in the first Interview, as described in the “Assessment Details for Interview and Examination” button on this page. If on the basis of interview, the candidate is found to be eligible to sit for the examination, the candidate will be intimated to get registered for Examination. If not found to have attained the expected level, candidate will be informed and there will be a minimum cooling off period of six months allowed before they can re-appear for the interview once again. During this six-month period the candidate is advised to update their skills Candidate will follow next step only after clearing Step 3.
- CALL FOR EXAMINATION: Once the applicant is found eligible to appear for examination, applicant will have to go through the Examination process as described in the “Assessment Details for Interview and Examination” button on this page
- RESULTS: Applicant will receive information about your results.
- CERTIFICATION: A certificate will be issued to the successful applicants.
*Please note that this certification is currently only available in English.